Friday, May 11, 2012

Creating Princess Silhouette's Bodice

Creating Princess Silhouette's bodice was relatively straight forward after creating Princess Colour's. I used the same technique of 2inch strips cut with pinking sheers and placed at a diagonal. However for this one I have them going the opposite way so they created a true V, meeting at the bottom rather than at the neck-line. Also because the base fabric is so shiny I haven't left any of it exposed but placed a light black netting in the opening to tone down the shine. Unfortunately I only have a photograph of the back.

Although this isn't a great photograph I think it shows the general idea. I used three different types of black fabric and incorporated one piece of wide lace on either side of the centre back. I'm very pleased with how this bodice turned out an am excited to see how it looks with the rest of the decoration.

No comments:

Post a Comment