Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Shirt Evaluation

Finished Shirt Front


Finished Shirt Back
I am very pleased with how my shirt turned out. I think this was good last garment to make because I did it almost entirely on my own and I was able to draw on things learned from the previous garments I made. The challenges I overcame for this shirt were figuring out a different/difficult pattern, putting in a button stand, and thinking a couple steps ahead throughout. I did have a small tutorial on the button stand with my tutor but most of the information and instruction came from looking at the example. Looking at the shirt now I think I would have made the button stand a little longer. I think maybe going in between the 8” it said on the patter and the 14” from the example would have been a good compromise between the two; and it would have allowed me to put in an extra button or two. I also am very happy with my time management on this this shirt. I started it on Monday May 9 and completed it on Wednesday May 11. That was very close to following my time plan. It was pretty much the same amount of time originally scheduled just in a different week. This will also give me an opportunity to go back and see if there is anything other garment that needs a little re-touching before hand in. I think working on this shirt was a good independent working experience. I was able to talk to my tutor when I was unsure but I also tried to work as much independently as I could. I feel like this is more like a real work room and hopefully the amount of time it took is a bit closer to what it would take in  a real work room. 

No comments:

Post a Comment