Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Line Drawings

Shirt
waistcoat
Blouse
Breeches
Breeches Detail
These are line drawings I did of the garments I will be making from the examples provided from the National Theater Hire Department. It was worth the time to sit down and really examine the garments to see how they were put together and finished. I was able to take a few notes as well about things like pocket sizes and hidden pockets or what was top-stitched and what was hand finished. Although I could have just taken lots of photographs I felt like actually drawing them would be more helpful in the long run because I had to really examine them before drawing them instead of just snapping a quick photo and moving on. It also adds pressure to the work I am about to begin seeing the standard to which I am expected to work. It is an exciting beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment