Thursday, April 28, 2011

Blog Tutorial

Creating this blog has been a new technique learned in this project. Today I had a second tutorial about this blog and progress. My first tutorial for the blog was before I left for the holiday break, but it left me more confused about what I was supposed to post and how to label things. In general my lay-out was okay, however my labels were a little unclear. Also my description under the title of my blog should be more clear so that anyone looking at this blog can know what it is about. I needed to add more to my Planning blog post about what this project is really about. All of those things were easy to correct. I added a different description under my blog name that is more clear as well as adding to my original planning post. To make the labels on the side more clear I changed it so along with the general descriptive word first followed by what specifically the post is on. For example: in my research I have the term Research followed by Breeches ( SDP 004: Research: Breeches) This way if someone was interested only in the breeches research they wouldn't have to look through all the research posts to find what they are looking for. What confused me in this tutorial is how to include evaluations on our work. At this tutorial I understood it to be that we were to evaluate every post we make in a separate post and if we make a post that included descriptive and evaluative writing we were to copy and paste that same little evaluation into a separate post. Also that I need to post every day about what I am doing in class. Needless to say I was a little confused.
I was able to have a second blog tutorial today and I was able to go with specific questions about my blog. I think it was successful tutorial because I feel confident in re-arranging and continuing a well organized effective blog. I can continue having descriptive and evaluative posts without having to copy and paste the evaluative parts to a separate post. Instead I need to gather all those mini evaluations and use them to make one cumulative evaluation at the end of the project. Also it is the quality of the blog posts and not the quantity of them that is important. For my project specifically the days that I work sewing using skills already learned are important but not really necessary to evaluate. It is more important when I learn a new process to record it on my blog. With a little tidy and a few technical adjustments my blog is more successful than when I originally started it.

No comments:

Post a Comment