Friday, April 29, 2011

Returning from Break/ Next Garment

After returning from a restful break it was back to work on the pieces for the National. First I finished a few things on the waistcoat. The button-holes had been made over the break and part of the arm-hole had been un-done to put those in. So I re-sewed that bit and then finished prick-stitching around the arm-holes and along the hem. It wasn’t a big job, but I’m happy I waited til I came back because I was more focused.

My plan for when I returned and finished the waistcoat was to begin the male shirt, and finish that around Wednesday May 4th. I was hesitant to start the male shirt as planned because our tutor was unavailable for questions and the pattern was something I wasn’t used to. Instead of pattern pieces it was simply a graph without much instruction or guides. I wanted to talk over the process with our tutor before I started but I also didn’t want to waste too much time. So instead I changed my time plan and started working on the blouse, which I wasn’t originally scheduled to start until after the male shirt was finished. On my original time plan I had allowed myself about a week to finish the blouse so I planned to allow myself the same amount of time, just a week earlier. I think this is a good compromise because I won’t feel rushed on the blouse and will still have enough time to make the shirt with a little assistance when I finish the blouse. 

No comments:

Post a Comment