Sunday, April 3, 2011

Jigger Fix


If at first you don't succeed try try again! I think this is a good example of how being honest and consistent self evaluation can help a project stay on track. The first pair of jiggers (or back lacing detail) is my first attempt and has many things wrong with it. The corners are not turned out well and the eye-lits sit too close to the edge. The bottom second set of jiggers is my brave second attempt and a much better more precise out-come. With any project, but especially this one, it is important to re-do anything that you don't feel is up to the expected standards. I am learning that looking at the garment I am making objectively is helping me complete it to a higher standard and preventing me from rushing through even the small details.

No comments:

Post a Comment