Thursday, March 22, 2012

First Laser Cutting

I had my first session with laser cutting this week. I had done just a small design in illustrator to get used to the process and see how things would lay out. I had an induction early in the work-shop and had printed out a few hand-outs on using the laser cutter so I felt prepared. I still needed a little help but the results were so exciting! I really can't wait to get started on the final cuts for the costume! This was a good trial to do because I took lots of different types of fabrics to gauge how they cut and the different settings they would need. This way when I have my final images done I won't have to do samples and can just start in on the final fabrics. This was also good because I think I can use all parts of the fabric, both the images it cuts out and the fabric negative.


Laser Cut Pieces


The Fabric Negative

No comments:

Post a Comment