Friday, March 16, 2012

Trimming Mistake

I've made a small mistake while doing some trimming on the inside of Princess Colour's corset. Instead of trimming the black lining fabric I trimmed the cream fabric that needed to fold over the black fabric. Opps. So my solution was to trim the black fabric as I should have originally. And then I cut a thin piece of the cream fabric folded over an edge and slip-stitched it to the little seam allowance I hadn't trimmed off. Then continued as usual as if I hadn't made the mistake and folded it over and slip stitched it like the rest of the seams. I think this was a rookie mistake but I think this was a good solution for it and a good lesson in problem solving.

Accidentally trimmed seam-allowance and the added piece to solve the problem

No comments:

Post a Comment